$15 per tonne | 90% goes to projects | 100% U.S. tax-deductible
- For Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon please use DAF Direct.
- For other DAF’s, please use Every.org. Every.org DAF donations are processed by Chariot and entail a 2.9% fee, which is covered by COTAP’s 10% margin.
- Every.org suggests adding 15% to support Every.org. It’s your decision whether to edit that down.
- For example, if you donate $1,000 via Every.org, then you’ll be offsetting 66.67 tonnes ($1,000 ÷ $15/tonne). If you add their suggested 15%, you’ll be donating $1,150 but you’ll still be offsetting 66.67 tonnes. In either case, the entire amount is tax-deductible.
- If your DAF is not listed with DAF Direct or Every.org, you can still donate by providing COTAP’s charity number 27-4220630.
- If you don’t yet have a DAF, folks like Daffy seek to make it as easy as possible to set one up.
- Offset any dollar amount at right (below if mobile/tablet). If you know your carbon footprint, multiply by $15/tonne. If you don’t, it’s also fine to enter a dollar amount and we’ll do the rest.
- To offset evenly through all COTAP projects, the donation/grant “Designation” should be “Offsetting: All Projects.”
- To offset to one specific project, the “Designation” should note the country of the chosen project – Uganda, India, Indonesia, or Fiji e.g. “Offsetting: India.”
- For donations without an “offsetting” designation, 100% goes to COTAP’s operations and expansion. This includes donations intended as general COTAP support, with designations such as “wherever it’s needed most.”
- If you have trouble specifying your designation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your donation is applied according to your wishes.
- To receive an official offsetting acknowledgement from COTAP, you must include contact information.
- COTAP’s a 501(c)3 public charity and our EIN is 27-4220630.
- COTAP’s audited financials are available upon request. Email us at email@example.com.
- For donations made during the year-end giving season, COTAP may not receive your donation/grant until after December 31st. For tax reporting purposes, please use your official DAF receipt, not your COTAP offsetting acknowledgement.
Where Your Money Goes
If contact information is provided, you will receive a detailed offset acknowledgement like this one. Your tonnes will be included in our public carbon credit retirements on the Markit Environmental Registry like this. You can track COTAP’s progress and download projects’ annual reports, which contain detailed accounting of payments to communities, in our Transparency section.