$15 per tonne | 90% goes to projects | 100% U.S. tax-deductible
Important Notes and Instructions
- Offset any number of tonnes at right (below if mobile/tablet) by multiplying your tonnes x $15/tonne.
- To offset evenly through all COTAP projects, the donation/grant "Designation" should be "Offsetting: All Projects."
- To offset to one specific project, the donation/grant "Designation" should note the country of the chosen project - Nicaragua, Uganda, India, Mexico, Fiji, or Indonesia. For example "Offsetting: India."
- For donations without an "offsetting" designation, 100% goes to COTAP's operations and expansion. This includes donations with designations such as "wherever it's needed most."
- To receive an official offsetting acknowledgement from COTAP, you must include contact information.
- If your DAF is not listed in the widget (which is currently limited to Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon), you can still likely offset through your DAF by providing them with COTAP's charity number 27-4220630 as well as your donation/grant designation as described above.
- COTAP's audited financials are available upon request. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For donations made during the year-end giving season, COTAP may not receive your donation/grant until after December 31st. For tax reporting purposes, please use your official DAF receipt, not your COTAP offsetting acknowledgement.
Where Your Money Goes
If contact information is provided, you will receive a detailed offset acknowledgement like this one. Your tonnes will be included in our public carbon credit retirements on the Markit Environmental Registry like this. You can track COTAP's progress and download projects' annual reports, which contain detailed accounting of payments to communities, in our Transparency section.