Carbon Offsets To Alleviate Poverty (COTAP) connects individuals’ carbon footprints with accredited forestry projects in least-developed countries which create life-changing income for smallholder farmers who live on less than $2 per day.
Why give COTAP as a gift?
Two Options for giving COTAP
1) PayPal gift certificates. Redeemed by recipients when they offset some or all of their annual CO2 emissions through COTAP. Recipients must have or open a PayPal account, which is free.
2) Direct offset on the gift recipient’s behalf. With this option, no redemption is needed on the part of the recipient. You complete a regular COTAP offset transaction and then have COTAP notify the recipient that you’ve offset their emissions. A .pdf sample can be seen here.
For this option, simply forward your transaction receipt to gift [at] cotap [dot] org with the following information:
- Gift recipient’s name.
- Preferred delivery method – i.e. email or mailed. If email, you’ll be cc’d when the certificate is sent.
- Gift recipient’s email address or mailing address, as applicable.
- Any special message you’d like us to include.
Learn more about COTAP’s mission and how it works
To learn more, please explore the Mission Statement and How It Works sections in the About Us section of our above menu.
Please contact us with questions, technical issues, or feedback
Email us at gift [at] cotap [dot] org