Carbon Offsets To Alleviate Poverty (COTAP) connects individuals’ carbon footprints with certified forestry projects in least-developed countries which create life-changing income for smallholder farmers who live on less than $2 per day.
Why Give COTAP as a Gift?
Two Options for Giving COTAP
1) $25 PayPal Gift Certificates. Redeemed by recipients when they offset some or all of their annual CO2 emissions through COTAP. Recipients must have or open a PayPal account, which is free. PayPal gift certificates are not transferable.
2) Direct offset on the gift recipient’s behalf. With this option, no redemption is needed on the part of the recipient. You complete a regular COTAP offset transaction and then have COTAP notify the recipient that you’ve offset their emissions. A .pdf sample can be seen here.
For this option, simply forward your transaction receipt to gift [at] cotap [dot] org with the following information:
- Gift recipient’s name.
- Preferred delivery method – i.e. email or mailed. If email, you’ll be cc’d when the certificate is sent.
- Gift recipient’s email address or mailing address, as applicable.
- Any special message you’d like us to include.
Learn More about COTAP
Email us at gift [at] cotap [dot] org with any questions, technical issues, or concerns.