Carbon Offsets To Alleviate Poverty (COTAP) specializes in connecting your carbon footprint with certified forestry projects in least-developed countries which create life-changing income for smallholder farmers who live on less than $2 per day.
Here’s Why COTAP’s Endurance Event Fundraising Program ROCKS
- Two impacts instead of one. Why settle for one cause when you can support TWO? By doing an endurance event for COTAP, you’re fighting the TWO global challenges of climate change and global poverty.
- Flexibility. You pick your own endurance event. Run, bike, swim, triathlon – whatever you want.
- Awesome athletic apparel. You get a free COTAP running shirt or cycling jersey to train in before, during, and after your event.
- Where the money goes. There’s not some event organizer taking a big cut (some take 40% of proceeds!) to cover its costs or fund bloated, vague research programs. 90.9% of funds go to COTAP’s four projects in Nicaragua, Malawi, Uganda, and Mozambique. For those who contribute to your campaign, their carbon emissions get addressed, trees get planted, and life-changing income is generated for some of the world’s poorest people.
- No daunting fundraising minimum. While we expect you to set a meaningful fundraising goal, unlike most event fundraisers we don’t require you to pay for the difference if you fall short of your goal.
How it works
- Sign up for a running, cycling, or triathlon event of your choice.
- Encourage friends, family, and co-workers to support you by offsetting their CO2 emissions.
- You set a significant goal that’s meaningful to you in terms of tonnes and/or dollars.
What you get from us
- COTAP sportswear, as seen on COTAP’s athletes at right, to wear during training and at your event to help spread the word about COTAP!
- A page on COTAP for your offsetting campaign and assistance with crafting emails to your supporters.
- A customized .pdf flyer for you to print and post around work, school, cafes etc. Sample here.
- COTAP tracks and reports your results for you to share with your supporters.